30 April 2011

Oulipo Galore

I really should be doing other things right at this moment, but as I've stumbled on a fascinating website - in fact Oulipo's own - I just had to linger. I've no time right now to speak of its many delights, although I will say that they include a huge list of constraints, such as the grafted alexandrine, the simple immoral (the opposite of the simple moral), and the snowball, which is a poem starting with a one-letter line, continuing with a line with a two-letter word, and so on until a certain number of letters is reached. A melting snowball does the opposite, and starts with the longest word.

There's an additional constraint for many people, though: it's in French. Oulipian madness here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello this issue is very interesting. Keep going friend !

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its good conversation regarding this post at this
place at this blog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.



Feel free to surf to my blog Workouts To Increase Vertical

Anonymous said...

Great site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to some buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
And of course, thanks in your effort!