On the Vauvre (a tributary of the Indre) and with foundations dating back to the 15th century, Le Moulin d'Angibault ceased to function in 1958 and was abandoned. The commune Montipouret acquired it in 1990. Aided by volunteers, it is now in almost the same state as when George Sand discovered it in 1844. Sand wrote Le Meunier d'Angibault in 1844, after visiting the mill, whose owner she knew. In this work, two love stories meld, one of a couple from the countryside, the other of an urban couple, set against the backcloth of social struggle.