23 May 2013

The Grave of Photographer Samuel Bourne (1834–1912), General Cemetery, Nottingham

This is one I forgot about a few weeks ago when I was looking for (but didn't find) the Rev. Samuel Cox's grave. Samuel Bourne is most noted for the photographic work he did in India from 1863 to 1870. He married Mary Tolley in 1967 at George Street Baptist Church, Nottingham, where he later settled and where he died at their house on Clumber Road East.
 
 
'IN
LOVING MEMORY OF
SAMUEL BOURNE;
DIED APRIL 24TH 1912,
AGED 78 YEARS.

ALSO OF MARY
WIFE OF THE ABOVE,
DIED NOVEMBER 26TH 1912,
AGED 68 YEARS.'
 
I believe this is the only online photo of his grave, but please don't email me to ask where it is as I don't remember: being unsure of the dates, I wasn't certain that I'd got the right Samuel Bourne! As usual, though, I have no objection to the non-commercial reproduction of my photos as long as they're attributed to me with a link to my blog or to this blog post.

2 comments:

antiqphoto said...

The date is correct for photographer Samuel Bourne. I was pleased to find this online. Thank you Dr Shaw.

Tony Davis
U.S.A.

Dr Tony Shaw said...

Pleased to be of help, Tony.