This former farmhouse
was occupied by Thomas Osbourne
(16th C) and Thomas Walker (17th C),
both Mayors of Petersfield. Dr. Harry
Roberts bought it in 1918 as a
bookshop and workshops run by
Flora Twort and other
The name Flora Twort (1893–1995) is all over Petersfield. The building above is a museum that also houses the Flora Twort Gallery, which along with some of her paintings also contains general information about the artist. Twort moved to Petersfield after World War II and kept the studio above the shop until 1948, when she moved to Church Path above.
On her death she bequeathed her studio gallery on Church Walk (where she is shown in the photo above), along with her artwork, to Hampshire County Council.
The link to Twort's art is below.
The Flora Twort Collection