Mary Baker Eddy
was a visitor in this house
1868 - 1870'
Squire Lowell Bagley originally built this house in about 1780, and it was his daughter Sarah who provided refuge for the then Mrs Mary Baker Glover, whose research led her to the founding of Christian Science.
Mrs Longyear bought the house in 1920, and its furnishings were much as they were the century before. This is one of several properties owned by the Longyear Museum, which is dedicated to encouraging knowledge of Mary Baker Eddy.