22 June 2019

The Water Mill, Les Taillades, Vaucluse (84)

The paddle wheel water mill in Les Taillades. Le Moulin de Saint Pierre began in 1859, on the opening of Le canal de l’Isle, when its activities were concerned with the madder plant, noted for its dyeing qualities. Competition meant the mill was auctioned in 1867, passed thorough several hands inactive, until it was bought by two millers in 1874, when it became a flour mill until 1881. Eventually the municipalité of Les Taillades bought the mill in 1981, where it serves a number of cultural purposes.

No comments: