17 December 2012

John Bunyan in Holborn: London #54

The statue of John Bunyan by John Garbe, Baptist Church House, on the corner of Catton Street and Southampton Row.
 
'THIS MEMORIAL STONE
WAS LAID BY
ALEXANDER MACLAREN,
                          D.D. LITT. D.
PRESIDENT OF THE BAPTIST UNION
1875–6 AND 1901–2
ON WEDNESDAY 24TH 1901'
 
'As I walk'd through the wilderness of this
world, I lighted on a certain place, where
was a Denn; & I laid me down in that place to
sleep: And as I slept I dreamed a dream.'
 
Obviously, this is a quotation from Pilgrim's Progress.
 
The link below is to a long, image-filled post I made on John Bunyan:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
John Bunyan in Bedfordshire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to find this! Saw it from the bus (upper level), but was too slow to take a photograph. Thank you!

Trudy, Edmonton AB